So...I work at Smiley's now. It's a big store with a lot of people working there and I really enjoy working there. I know it sounds like I'm getting paid to say that but it's not the case. Trust.
I woke up today in a pretty good mood. I just wanted to cuddle but I was super happy. I cuddled Penguin for a minute then got out of bed to get ready for Smiley's. I've been sick with a horrid cold from hell for over a week and a half now so the first thing I did was take some Alka Seltzer for cold and flu then got my makeup on and as I was getting dressed, I was starting to feel sick to my stomach. I went to meet Penguin downstairs and had to run to the downstairs bathroom and throw up. Not the business.
I dropped Penguin off at the mall and headed to my work. I only had 4 hours today and as it's now post-holidays, it's pretty slow in the mornings. The first half of my shift went pretty slowly but it picked up towards my first break. At one point, a supervisor came up to me and asked me a quiz question. I'd never heard the term used in that way before so it threw me off. I didn't know the thing in question had a specific name so when she asked what it was, I said "What's that?" and she was like "REALLY??" I felt pretty stupid. I was pretty sure I knew what it was but didn't want to say the wrong thing. She said she'd come back to me but she never did. DAMN. I hope she asks again on Saturday because I don't want that keeping me from being kept on as permanent. I love it there. I've been working really hard and I definitely give my job 110%.
No comments:
Post a Comment