Wednesday, August 18, 2010

UGH And All The Things That Accompany It

     I applied for my old security job today. I think it went pretty well. About 6 years ago I used to do event security at various venues around Southern California. Ozzfest, KROQ Weenie Roast, Inland Invasion, Journey, The Rolling Stones, football games, basketball games, festivals, you name it. It took awhile to find the place only because the directions are a bit misleading. While the address showed that the place was on Orangewood, the place was actually in back, off of a street behind Orangewood. It also shared an address with a completely different building. What the fuck? So, me and Penguin go to check out building, let's say 1234. We look at the building with the address 1234 and it has two offices in it, as shown from the outside. There's a lighting company and some other company that was definitely not security. So then I look across the street and the building directly across the street had the same fucking address, which makes no sense but whatever. We walk across the street and go in and apply. As we are filling out our job applications, there is a lady in the background yelling at someone on the phone, saying that she needs a list of people who are getting denied a job so that when people call to check up on the job, she can just tell them right off that they were denied. Awesome. I gotta say,...that was really encouraging. So we turn in our applications, get some papers with some info about guard cards, uniforms, etc and leave to go back home, which is roughly an hour and a half away.

     There was some horrific traffic for like...half an hour, which we discovered was due to moronic people rubbernecking. I said to Penguin "What do people get out of staring at cars stopped on the side of the road? It's not you're going to go home and discuss the person changing their tire on the side of the road with your family because...nobody would give a shit. So then what's the goddamn point?" So stupid...

     Now me and Penguin are trying to apply for any loan or payday advance we can get because it's about 3 weeks until the next payday and we're completely broke. This sucks. I tried applying for a loan at Wells Fargo but I was denied. I have 2 hospital bills that I need to pay off plus a debt from an old bank account. I used to have an account with WaMu about 6 years ago, but my wallet was stolen and my card was used (because I had my pin# hidden in my wallet) and WaMu held ME responsible. Balls, I say. So now I have these three debts that are making my credit score really shitty and not allowing me to get any type of advance or loan. Or credit card. I don't really know what I'm going to do until payday. I'm screwed.

     Me and Penguin are taking a second room in this house. Because we have four cats, the house smells that way. Not bad, but noticeable that there are animals. Because of this, Swan feels that she wouldn't be able to rent the third room in the house out. So Penguin and I are going to rent that one too. We are going to make it our office/gaming room/library/whatever. Our bedroom will just be a bedroom. A place to...bed. Yeah. We are really excited about having a second room. Currently, our bedroom consists of a full-size bed, a medium size desk, a large desk, two 7 foot tall bookshelves, a short little entertainment system with our flatscreen tv, two matching nightstands and a nightstand holding our mini-fridge. After putting many of these things into the other room, we will only have the bed, which we plan on replacing with a King, the nightstands and mini-fridge, and we're going to pull our dressers out of the walk-in closet and place them in the room. In the office/library, we will put the desks next to each other, with the backs to the room; we'll put a couch along the back of the desks and put the tv/entertainment system in the open closet. Then we'll place the bookshelves on opposite ends of the room. My bookshelf goes next to my desk, his goes next to his. It should work out nicely. We plan on getting another fridge and placing it in the garage. The roomies buy a lot of food and it takes up all of the main fridge but one shelf, which is our shelf. Even with the mini-fridge, that's not much room for us. Right now, me and Penguin are talking and dreaming about how awesome it will be to do the things we want to do, decoration-wise. I'm going to dream with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment